This week I got The Booker Award from both Emily R. King and Krista McLaughlin. Thank you ladies! Click on their names to check out their fantastic blogs.
* This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books (Reading or writing is okay)
* Along with receiving this award, you must also share your top five favorite books you have ever read.
* You must give this award to 5-10 other lucky book blogs you adore.
Top Five Favorite Books - I have such a hard time choosing my top favorite books so might be different if you ask me tomorrow but here are five that have made an impression on me during my life and that I still love and rave about!
1. Danny the Champion of the World by Roald Dahl. My fourth grade teacher read this aloud to our class and it was one of the first times I truly felt a story come alive for me. I was mesmerized each afternoon as my teacher read and fell in love with Roald Dahl's books that year.
2. Anne of Green Gables by L.M. Montgomery. One of my church youth leaders recommended this to me when she found out I loved to read. I was hesitant at first because it seemed too old fashioned. But within a couple of pages I was hooked and fell in love with Anne and the characters. Anne (with an E!) Shirley is still probably my all time favorite book character. One of my dreams is to visit Prince Edward Island and see the beautiful setting brought to life in the Anne books.
3. Harry Potter and the whole series by J.K. Rowling. Is that cheating to throw in a whole series here? I didn't learn about Harry Potter until the third book was out and my sister Erin told me about them. I took the first with me on a vacation to Canada and devoured it so fast that I had to search out the following two at a grocery store near our hotel. I absolutely love this series and have read the books twice and also listened to them as audiobooks. Jim Dale's narration kept me going hour after hour as I worked on caulking trim and siding last year while we built our house.
4. Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. I discovered Jane Austen during AP English during my senior year of high school and have been a huge fan ever since. I love and have read every single one of Austen's books but Pride and Prejudice is my favorite with Sense and Sensibility as a close second. And yes, I'm one of those women that can sit and watch the movie versions over and over again. Especially the BBC version. The longer the better.
5. The Trumpet of the Swan by E.B. White. Another book introduced to me by my fourth grade teacher. I also absolutely love Charlotte's Web by E.B. White. This book is one of the main reasons I adore middle grade fiction and love rereading these books with my children now that they are old enough to enjoy these stories.
Okay, so there are some of my all time favorites. I'm supposed to pass this award on to 5-10 other bloggers. Since I've seen this award frequently over the past week in bloggyland, I'm not sure who to pass it on to so I invite anyone that loves books and wants to share their book love with others to take this award and go forth and blog! Seriously, just say you got it from me and I'd love to hear if you did.
And tell me what some of your favorite books are in the comments. Especially if they are middle grade books. I'm always on the hunt for those for my family library.
Have a great weekend and happy reading!